- Carnegie-Knight Initiative on the Future of Journalism Education (News21)
- Center on Religion & the Professions, University of Missouri
- Knight Chair in Media and Religion, USC Annenberg School for Communication
- Online Religious Studies Degrees
Culture and society
- Barna Group – Provides primary research, communications tools, printed resources, leadership development for young people, and church facilitation and enhancement in order to “partner with Christian ministries and individuals to be a catalyst in moral and spiritual transformation in the United States.”
- Faith Communities Today (Hartford Seminary) – Calls itself the largest survey of congregations ever conducted in the United States.
- The Louisville Institute – Lilly Endowment Program for the study of American religion based at Louisville Presbyterian Seminary.
- Harvard Pluralism Project – A research project aimed at engaging students in studying the new religious diversity in the United States.
- Center for the Study of Religion and American Culture – Research and public outreach institute devoted to the promotion of the understanding of the relation between religion and other features of American culture. Based in the IU School of Liberal Arts at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.
- SocioWeb: The Sociological Resource Center –An independent guide to sociological resources available online.
- Americas Society/Council of the Americas -Provides information on diverse cultures in the Americas.
- Religion and Public Schools – Background from the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life.
- Religion and the Founding of the American Republic – Library of Congress Exhibition
- The Beard Institute – Duquesne University in Pittsburgh
- W. Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics – University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C.
- Center for Ethics – Emory University in Atlanta
- Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics – Harvard University
- Consortium Ethics Program – University of Pittsburgh
- Ethics Resource Center – A nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization whose vision is a world where individuals and organizations act with integrity.
- Dartmouth College Ethics Institute – Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH
- Institute for Global Ethics – This international group works to promote ethical behavior in individuals, institutions, and nations through research, public discourse, and practical action.
- Markkula Center for Applied Ethics – Santa Clara University in California
- Council for Ethical Leadership – An association based in Columbus, Ohio of leaders in business, higher education, religion and other professions working together to try to strengthen the ethical fabric of business and economic life.
- International Business Ethics Institute – A private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, educational organization founded in 1994 in response to the growing need for transnationalism in the field of business ethics.
Science and Medicine
- Center for Biomedical Ethics – University of Virginia
- Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Science – Case Western Reserve University
- Center for Environmental Philosophy – Created by the board of directors of Environmental Philosophy, Inc., a nonprofit corporation of the State of New Mexico. It is the product of a number of activities begun with the creation of the journal Environmental Ethics.
- The Hastings Center – A nonpartisan and nonprofit bioethics research institute founded in 1969 to explore fundamental and emerging questions in health care, biotechnology and the environment.
- Stanford Center for Biomedical Ethics – Stanford University
- Bioethics – Background from the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life
- Science, Religion, and the Human Experience – Program from the University of California, Santa Barbara
- Center for the Study of Science and Religion – Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Religion in Politics – Background from the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Middle East Policy Council
- Interactive Timeline of Middle East Protests
- Supreme Court
- Federal judiciary – U.S. Court of Appeals, District Courts, Bankruptcy Courts
- FindLaw.com – Case law and texts
- The Federal Death Penalty System: Supplementary Data, Analysis and Revised Protocols – Department of Justice, 2000
- The Death Penalty – Background from the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life