- Not Just Bibles: Christian Literature on the Net – The University of Auckland (ICLnet Christian guides)
- Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches – Eileen W. Lindner, ed. National Council of the Churches of Christ, Abingdon Press, Nashville, Tenn.
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Catholic Almanac – OSV, Inc., Huntington, Indiana
- How to Be a Perfect Stranger: A Guide to Etiquette in Other People’s Religious Ceremonies – Arthur J. Magida, ed. 1996, Jewish Lights Publishing, Woodstock, Vermont.
- Butler’s Lives of the Saints: New Full Edition – Paul Burns, ed. The Liturgical Press, Collegeville, Minn.
- The Official Catholic Directory (Kenedy Directory) – Kenedy & Sons, New Providence, NJ.
- The Reference Desk’s Religion Page – Links to 129 denominations and resources
- New Testament Gateway
- The Apocryphal New Testament – A Collection of Apocryphal Christian Literature in an English Translation
Glossaries and Dictionaries
- Religion Stylebook is a guide created by Religion | Newswriters for journalists who report on religion in the mainstream media.
- ReligiousTolerance.org – Online glossary
- Rice University: The Galileo project – Online glossary
- The Basic Esoteric Dictionary
- Concise Dictionary of Religion
- Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Research – Online glossary of ethics
- A Dictionary of Philosophical Terms and Names
- The Reference Desk’s Religion Page
- Theological Dictionary
- Bible Study Tools – Online dictionaries
Christianity & Judaism
- Hong Kong Baptist University – Glossary of Kant’s technical terms
- New Advent – Catholic Encyclopedia
- Baker’s Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology – Bible Study Tools
- Dictionary of Orthodox Terminology – Fotios K. Litsas, University of Illinois at Chicago
- King James Dictionary
- Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
- Easton’s Bible Dictionary
- Hitchcock’s Bible Names Dictionary
- Access to Insight – A Glossary of Pali and Buddhist Terms by John Bullitt
- Global Hindu Electronic Networks – Sanskrit glossary
- Jain Dictionary
Other Religious Movements
- A Brief Dictionary of New Age Terminology
- Church of Scientology International – Information on the Church of Scientology
- Om Sakthi Movement
Holy books, versions, sacred texts
- The Internet Public Library – Listing of full-text works. The Internet Public Library is a public service organization and a learning/teaching environment at the University of Michigan School of Information.
- Internet Sacred Text Archives – This site packs in a variety of texts on early and modern neo-paganism, including a witch hunt manual, an ancient magical textbook and other texts.
- Online Journalism Review: Religious Texts Online – Article with link to BibleGateway, a service of The Gospel Communications Network.
- The Scriptures: Internet Edition Site includes the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, as well as study guides, maps and photographs. Hosted by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Christianity & Judaism
- Audio Bible – Users can hear the King James Version narrated by Stephen Johnston
- The Bible Gateway – Passage lookup and word search in various versions of the Bible
- The Book of Common Prayer – For the U.S. Episcopal Church, in English and Latin; hosted by Brian Reid and the Society for Archbishop Justus
- The King James Bible – Browse by individual books or phrases. Hosted by the Humanities Text Initiative, a unit of the University of Michigan’s Digital Library Production Service.
- The New American Bible – Search through the Catholic Bible by book or verse on this site sponsored by the National Conference of Catholic Bishops/United States Catholic Conference.
- New International Version (NIV) Bible – Hosted by the International Bible Society. The site features passage lookups, word searches, and a tool that allows for comparisons of a single verse over nine different Bible versions.
- Online Bible – Look up and search the Bible in five different languages.
- The Unbound Bible – 10 English versions, Greek and Hebrew versions, four ancient versions and 42 versions in various other languages. Allows users to set up a personalized account with places for study links and customized search tools. Hosted by Biola University.
- Society of Biblical Literature – The oldest and largest learned society devoted to the critical investigation of the Bible from a variety of academic disciplines.
- The Tanakh – These Jewish scriptures are provided in full text.
- The Book of Mormon – Posted by University of Michigan, provided by Project Gutenberg. Allows users to search via keywords, individual books or phrases.
- The Quran Posted by University of Michigan, translated by M.H. Shakir. Allows users to search the Quran through key words, chapters and phrases.
- The Bahá’í World – Gives various Bahá’í texts meant for reading or browsing broken down into writings and topics.
- The Bhagavad Gita – A 700-verse Dharmic scripture that is part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. American Gita Society, Copyright 1988 by Dr. Ramanand Prasad.
- Dhammapada – Online English translation of Buddhist text by Harischandra Kaviratna. Includes illustrations, glossary and appendix. Sponsored by Theosophical University Press.
- Tao Te Ching – Users can browse through all 81 chapters of the Tao Te Ching in English.
- Taoism – The Tao Te Ching – Translated by J. Legge.
- Taoism – The Zhuangzi – Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Tipitaka – Contains English translations of the three major Pali Canon divisions within the Theravadian Buddhism tradition.